How Can We Help You?

Thermal Imaging Camera

This can photograph heat loss from a building, but is best used in the winter when the heating is on and the sun isn’t out. This is available as a chargeable service. Please email us.

Energy Meters

These will measure the electricity used by any plugged in appliance. They can either show a spot figure or can be set to record total consumption over a longer period. They are especially useful for checking standby consumption. They can be borrowed from our office for a donation. We also have an Electrisave available that measures your whole house supply.

Energy Efficiency Assessments: Homes, Businesses & Community Buildings

If you are not sure of the suitability of some of the measures we recommend, our Energy Officers are happy to visit your property to give a more detailed assessment of your home, business or community building and deal with any queries you may have and produce a bespoke report.  Please email us with your requirements.

Renewable Energy Assessments

We can visit your house to give a broad assessment of the suitability or otherwise of installing renewable energy equipment such as solar, wind or hydro. It is however important to install all the energy efficiency measures you can before making use of renewable energy.  There will be a charge for one of our independent Domestic Energy Assessors to come out but for a more informal assessment, one of our volunteers could visit in return for a donation.  Please email us to book a visit.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

If you want to sell or rent a property, apply for Feed In Tariff or Renewable Heat Incentive payments or apply for Green Deal funding then you need to have an EPC produced.  We can provide this at a reasonable price using independent Domestic Energy Assessors.  The price will vary depending on location and the size of the property.  Please email us with your requirements, we can then tender on your behalf.