Welcome to Lightfoot – our new web-site will soon be available at:- https://lightfootenterprises.org/
Lightfoot helps people to make changes in the way energy is used, staying warm and saving money. We provide good, reliable and impartial energy efficiency information & encouragement to help reduce rising fuel poverty and carbon emissions.
These are some of Lightfoot’s projects:-
- Home Energy Survey: carried out at least 2000 home energy surveys to help reduce energy use and save money. 600 these have been re-surveyed on the Welsh side of the border to assess the energy and money saved;
- Wood-stove project: to enable people to get the best from their woodstoves including minimising smoke pollution;
- Experiencing Woodlands: since 2016 with students from Bishop’s Castle Community College: forest activities including wildlife roleplay, den building, woodland management, diversity observation and much more;
- Energy Diaries: Lightfoot designed diaries distributed to schools in Berriew, Arddleen and Llanidloes, raising awareness of energy efficiency in their homes. Currently these are being revised for use online as well as in schools in the Marches;
- Open Eco-homes: events throughout the Marches featuring new builds as well as retrofitted energy-efficient homes;
In addition we have run quiz evenings on energy at local venues, and many local groups run stalls in shops, cafes and in the street to raise energy awareness, give advice and gather insight into fuel poverty, and also promoting repair cafes.
We continue to offer independent, impartial and expert household energy surveys. With these we provide invaluable advice and information, helping you to prioritise actions and get the best results for your home and your budget. All for only £60!
We have a team of 40 volunteers across SW Shropshire and adjoining parts of Powys and Herefordshire. Roles range from energy surveyors to board members
Please browse our website to find out more about energy efficiency and renewable energy – what you can do and how we can help you to do it.
You can help Lightfoot by using ‘Give as you live‘
Give as you Live works with existing online affiliate programmes which are used by most well known stores where they pay a commission for every person who is referred to their website and buys a product. This commission is often a percentage of the overall purchase made. Affiliate marketing is frequently used on comparison or cashback websites. Our partner stores pay a commission on each purchase made through Give as you Live and redirects a percentage of the commission to any cause the shopper selects.
The shopper does NOT have to pay a penny more to raise money for their favourite cause.
What is Lightfoot?
Woodlands and their uses are important for fuel, ecological diversity and for recreation. We work with schools, volunteers and woodland owners to help make our natural woodlands sustainable and a resource for our happiness and health.
Lightfoot works with volunteers from across SW Shropshire and adjoining parts of Powys and Herefordshire. Roles range from energy surveyors to board members.
Here’s some of the things we’ve been involved with:-
- The Household Energy Survey (HES) has been used for over 2,000 homes, businesses and community buildings enabling them to reduce energy use and save money. This is followed up with re-surveys 2 years later to encourage and assess progress. These offer independent, impartial and expert Household Energy Surveys. With these we provide invaluable advice and information, helping you to prioritise actions and get the best results for your home and your budget. Only £60! More details to follow . . .
- All About Trees takes secondary school children into local natural woodlands so that they can experience the forest environment, seeing and finding what lives there as well as how it is maintained sustainably. To find out more click here
- The Woodstoves project was run to help people to understand how to improve wood seasoning and get the best from their stoves. Lots of detailed information on this project can be found here
- Lightfoot has been involved with Open Eco-homes events in towns within the Welsh borders featuring new builds as well as retrofitted homes
- A pilot project on Energy Diaries in schools in the Welsh borders was aimed at increasing and inspiring children’s awareness of energy efficiency
- We’ve also run Energy Efficiency quiz evenings at local WIs and other venues, and worked with local energy groups in the Welsh borders (e.g Cwm Harry Land Trust in Newtown, KLEEN in Kington) running stalls to raise energy awarenessert), give advice and gather insight into fuel poverty, while promoting Repair Cafes.